Some of the major initiatives are -
1. The Virtual Classroom Learning Program (VC-LP) is a school education initiative for children in primary and secondary grades in government and government aided schools.
2. ‘Spoken English’ classes are conducted for students of class 5, 6 and 7 primarily to improve their English communication. This program also uses the virtual classroom technology and each cluster has one studio school connected to 4 receiving schools.
3. The “Scholar Program” is a two-year program that provides tuitions, to a select cohort of students from government schools in grades 11 and 12 and who are from disadvantaged economic sections of the society. These tuitions are conducted in a class room environment for subjects covering Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics. They are also coached for the Common Entrance Tests to secure admission in engineering and medical colleges.
4. Government school teachers are provided with teacher-training sessions as well on how to make use of the VC-LP sessions more effectively for their regular classes.
5. NGOs who focus on children with special learning needs are also supported with funding.